Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Cricut Craftroom's 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

Its that time of the month again for My Cricut Craftroom's 100 cartridge blog hop. Welcome! You should have come from Suzy's Crafts. If not and would like to start from the beginning, please go to My Cricut Craftroom. Its been an insane and crazy month around my house but I'm FINALLY getting back into my paper stash so I'm quite thrilled about that. I did a few projects in the past few days.

For my first project I used the Winter Frolic Cartridge. I created a scrapbook layout for one of my daughters books. I'm soooo far behind.






__________________________________________________________________________________

I also used Winter Frolic for my second project. I ended up making about 30 of these. Tag is from Winter Frolic on page 36, cut at 4". Gingerbread is cut using the shadow feature on page 61 at 2-3/4". I stamped the face using a peachy keen set and used a gel pen for stitching. I decided to use ric rac for embellishments along with a few buttons. I thought I had a "to/from" stamp however I didn't. But I did end up buying one after I took the picture.




__________________________________________________________________________________

I used Mini Monsters to create a few (about 24) halloween treats for my Daughters preschool friends. I don't always like to give out edibles so I chose pencils. My daughter loves printing.



To make the pencil holder you will need a piece of paper (heavier cardstock is a much better choice) cut to 3-5/8 x 6-3/8. Using a score board (with the piece of paper short edge at the top), score at 3/8, 1-5/8, 2 and 3-1/4. Now turn so that the long size is at the top and score one end at 3/8. On this end make a cut slit on each of the lines to create flaps. Fold all of the score lines and add adhesive (I like score tape) and put together.

I made a band using a piece of black cardstock (3-5/8 x 2). Score at the same intervals as the holder. I punched both sides with a scalloped punch and added a piece of patterned paper for a little more colour.

I added 4 pencils from the dollar store and put the entire thing in a clear bag. I had bunch I leftover from a birthday party. They are the ones for pretzel rods (I'm not sure the dimensions). I created a topper with a piece of paper cut at 3-1/2" x 4, scored at 2". I stapled this to the bag. Using the Mini Monster cardridge, I cut the witch on page 41 at 2-1/2" using some scraps of paper. I used googley eyes instead of the cutouts because they are far too tiny and attached the entire thing using popdots. I stamped the sentiment and handcut, inking the edges with some cheap ink pads I had laying around.

__________________________________________________________________________________


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Now head off to see whats in store from the lovely Patricia. Don't forget to visit My Cricut Craftroom tomorrow to see what the other half of Erica's design team came up with.

Here is the lineup from today in case you get lost along the way:
1. Erica – http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
2. Suzy Crafts - http://suzyssimplecrafts.blogspot.com
3. Courtney Larson - http://craftingwithcourtney.blogspot.com/
4. Patricia Holloway - http://micraftygal.blogspot.com/
5. Madison Womack – http://funkycards.blogspot.com
6. Alishia Gaff- http://alishia-myscrapping.blogspot.com/
7. Heather Flaherty - http://www.papercrafteranonymous.com/
8. Yvette Lopez- http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com
9. Jen Roseman - http://memorieswithjen.blogspot.com
10.Tracy Godfrey - http://www.scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com
11. Tammy Schmitt - http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com
12. Tina Keller - http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com/
13. Audrey Dickinson - http://scrappyemt.blogspot.com/
14. Samantha Sickles - http://samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com
15. Holly- http://hollys-hobbie.blogspot.com/
16. Melissa Pinter - http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com
17. Blog Candy http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/

65 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh Courtney what gorgeous projects! That layout is so pretty and that little snowman is such a cutie! Your tag is adorable...I love gingerbread men. And your little Halloween treat bags are really cute. I think the kids will actually like the pencils. They might not admit it, but I think they like to get something besides candy every once in a while! Great job on today's hop!

Madison said...

Courtney, awesome projects. They all ROCK!!! I know I loved getting pencils instead of candy. They lasted longer and some parents always brought candy I didn't like:) LOL! Great job for sure!!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Ticketgoddess said...

Your projects are too cute...my mom always gave out pencils when I was growing up!! So, nice to see pencils live on MANY years later!!

Connie Layman said...

Wow! Awesome projects Courtney! I love the 'cool' colors on the winter layouts, the gingerbread tag is so sweet and the pencils instead of treats is a super idea!

Josie0602 said...

Wow...everything is so cute!! I love the colors you chose for your winter layouts. The PK stamps are the perfect finishing touch! What a fun idea for Halloween treats. Much better than all that candy!
Tracy

Yvette said...

Oh wow! Awesome creations! I love the layout and all of the details. Your tag is too cute! I love the pencil holders and I know that the kids will love them too!

Crafty and Green said...

Love your Creations Courtney!! I think I"m going to have to scraplift the Halloween Pencil Idea! I love it!! You have just inspired me!! Glad to be hopping with you!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Unknown said...

I love the blue colors for winter and all of the fun projects you made.... I see Peachy Keen stamps!!! They are my original scrapbooking stamps that I started with a few years ago... I acually just ordered more last night!!! I do love what you have made!!! So cute and FESTIVE!!!

sherry said...

I love the snowman, too cute

Tammy Schmitt said...

OMG! I'm going to need to scrap lift that LO! Isn't Winter Frolic just the cutest cart?! Going to have to buy Happy Lashes now:-) And Mini Monsters is on my wish list:-) TFS!

~Tammy S

KAT said...

great layout. i love the blue's. i seldom use blue in anything and i don't know why. it's time to dig into my colors more. love the 'treat' bag of pencils. i'm like you...i don't care to give out candy if i can give out something functional. great job! i'm gonna lift this. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous projects Courtney. The pencil holder is an awesome idea! Your layout is wonderful makes me want to scrapbook.

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Aw so cute...I love the pencil holder.. Super cuta and what an amzing Idea. Ha I am so going to scraplift that idea. Boy your winter layout is too cute. LOve it Love it

Liz said...

absolutely love the layout! all your projects are very cute

Maria (scrap4nat) said...

Great job Courtney! I love the non edible Halloween treats for your daughter's class. I am a teacher and always love doing something for my student's. I am going to scrap lift this for sure! Lol!

Rosa said...

Wonderfull projects. The laughing little snowman made me smile.

Jennie said...

love all the projects, snowman was my favorite,,

Anonymous said...

Love your projects!! I am glad I am hopping with you!!!

Anonymous said...

I always get a kick out of your original projects, I WANT THE TAGS! lol, happy to be following you on the hop, TFS!

Amanda said...

So flippin cute. Love them. Love the layout and the tags are so cute. :)

Honeybearz Designs said...

Awesome projects Courtney. Love all the ideas. I really like the Halloween treats for your daughters preschool class. Thank you for sharing.

mjblahnik56 said...

I love all your projects. TFS. I am a new follower.

mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

Holly said...

Love the faces on the snowman and the gingerbread tag! The halloween pencil idea is so cute, I have never seen them packaged like that before and I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Holly

hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

kyms kards said...

stunning

Angela H said...

I love the layout, the blue is refreshing. The gingerbread man tags takes me back to my childhood, so cute. Love them all, thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

You make all of these look so easy! Even I could make them! :)

Ashley Nicole said...

What awesome projects. I can't decide which one I like the best. The halloween one is a really cute idea for school kids.
Ashley
glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

cema1cema said...

Courtney I love the colors and printed papers you chose for your layout! Great!! Christina

Lisa said...

What wonderful projects!!! My fav is the winter layout! your snowman is just super cute!!!!

Have a scrap-happy day
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

Lucinda said...

THese are great projects! I love the snowman.

Valetta Pelata said...

Love the snowman

katieo said...

Three great projects. I love the gingerbread tag.
katieoscreations@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for the great ideas! Love the halloween gifts,
tremblayfam at hotmail dot com

Michelef4 said...

Oh my God I just love love love your crafts!
I especially love the winter/snowman & Christmas
tags. Mind if I scraplift? Also, I made your site
a button on my iPhone, too!
Xxoo Michele

Gramjak said...

Wonderful projects. I especially LOVE the pencil trick-or-treat gifts. Great idea!

mamawcindy said...

Love all of your Projects! So Cute! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

mamawcindy said...

Love all of your Projects! So Cute! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

gshrader said...

Love these projects! They're great! The layout is gorgeous! Love the winter blues! Gingerbread man is adorable and love the little witch! Great idea for a preschool party! Thanks for sharing!

TeresaK said...

You did a great job! I really like the pencil bags! So nice!

Laurie said...

Love all your projects but really love the layout!

TuttleTime said...

Absolutely LOVED everything... The layout, the tag, and the Halloween pencil holder. Absolutely adorable. I love this hop. What a motivation to use our carts. :)

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the blue and white layout. Great idea with the pencil treats.
http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

Lisa said...

Pearlized paper?! Who knew! Never used it, now I'm gonna for sure! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa
www.allmadebylisa.blogspot.com

Simply Sweet by Sharon said...

I need to look for the winter frolic cart. It looks so fun. I love how you added the googly eyes to the witch it give her a more funny child like appearance. I have been trying to think of what to give to my daughters classmates. I might have to scraplift your idea.

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Wow Courtney! I love all of your projects today!! Great idea with the pencils!

♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

Lady Fair said...

Wonderful projects, really gets me in the mood for the holidays. And the best part is that I have both of these carts. Time to get crafting!

lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Carol's Creations said...

Wow!!! These projects are FABULOUS!!!

Shirley said...

Your projects are wonderful Courtney.

Jen R said...

Great projects Courtney! I love all of the blues on your LO...I love that color for snow pictures. Also great idea giving the pre-schoolers pencils...who wants a bunch of hyped up pre-schoolers? LOL

Shelly Lynn said...

Wow Courtney! I love your projects!! That winter layout is soooo adorable, such a sweet lil' snowman. And as a preschool teacher.... I sooo love the idea of giving them pencils instead of candy. They already get sooo much candy as it is on Halloween. Pencils are a great idea! TFS your fabulous ideas Courtney!!

Tiffany said...

So cute! I love them!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Winter layout.

Denise
dlankford63@yahoo.com

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness Courtney! What fun projects you did! I love all of them! I am sooo behind on my albums, I need all the inspiration I can get :)

gypsyrps said...

Great pencil bag. Sure the kids will love it.

ShersL84bed said...

Fun projects. Beautiful layout.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Auntie Em said...

What lovely projects! I love the LO with the all the wintry touches and the cute gingerbread man tag. Sweet! The pencil treat pack is a great idea since so many schools have such strict policies about treats.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Eva Laney said...

OMG all are so cute! I love your layout with that oh so cute snowman with such a cute lil face!!!

Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

heatherhammen said...

Fantastic projects - I LOVE the scrapbook page. I'm on vacation all this week and I think you just inspired me to head down to my craftroom and get to work on my own kids books! Love the tag too!

Unknown said...

Cute projects...thanks for sharing

vick6740 said...

Wow simply adorable! Thanks for sharing! You are very inspiring!

vick6740@yahoo.com
http://stayathomemomof2inohio.blogspot.com/

Scrapbooking and Stamping with Michelle said...

What great projects! Love the layout. Gingerbread are my favorite. They are just so cute!

Michelle
mcoleman9641@wideopenwest.com

Suzys Crafts said...

Great job Courtney! You did an awesome job on the layout and that tag is just too cute. I am thinking I may need to scraplift the little holloween treats. :)

Luanne said...

Lovely projects! I love the colors you used.

Luanne
myfootahead@gmail.com
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Awesome projects, love them all
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

grammiej said...

Love, love your projects especially the layout! TFS

jashmore1944@att.net

Post a Comment