Thursday, June 2, 2011

100+ Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Hi Everyone! Thank you for joining us for the 100 + Cricut Cartridges Blog Hop hosted by the lovely Erica. You should have come from Connie's Blog. If you didn't, please head on back to Erica's and start from the beginning. It would be a shame to miss any of the wonderful projects along this hop.

Since it's June and Father's Day is just around the corner, I decided to make my wonderful husband a Happy Father's Day banner. I truly appreciate everything he does for our family by working so hard to allow me to stay home with our beautiful girls for the past 4 years (and also enabling my love of crafting supplies..hehe).

I used the Birthday Bash cartridge. I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE this cart. There are so many wonderful cuts. I use it ALL the time.











{NOTE: I don't recommend using popdots to layer the banner parts. For my next one I will definitely use my atg gun and some eyelets for the ribbon holes. I sincerely apologize for the horrible pictures - Hubby is home far too much lately and I didn't get the other ribbon added.}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second cartridge was Sweet Treats. This is another favourite of mine. For this project I decided to make a gift bag with matching card for an upcoming birthday my daughter is invited to. I basically took a basic Kraft bag (reused from a recent purchase of K Cups for my Keurig) and cut a piece of paper to fit where I wanted.






The mini card was cut from scraps also. It measures 3x3”. The sentiment “Its your birthday” is from Pink By Design’s Simply Everything set.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My third project is with Sugar & Spice. It’s a lite cart but I love it. I had this gorgeous stack of boy themed paper that I really had no use for but picked up because it was so cheap. I decided to make Sugar Spice work for me in boyish colours for this explosion box.













I’m not going to go into great detail on how I created it. Its quite a simple project but very time consuming.

Anyway the explosion box is essentially 4 pieces of 12x12 cardstock cut and scored. The outer piece is 12x12, scored at 4” & 8” on all sides. Cut away the 4 corners. You will have to trim your second piece of cardstock to 11 x 11, scoring at 3-3\4” & 7-1\4”. Cut away these 4 corners. For the third layer, cut your paper down to 10 x 10 inches and score at 3-1/2 & 7”. Trim these 4 corners away as well.

I then measured and cut mats from patterned paper (from My Minds Eye - Twinkle Twinkle Little boy pack) but you could embellish any way you want. The first layer mats are 3-3\4 x 3-3\4”. The second mats are 3-1\2 x 3” and the third layer mats are 2-3\4 x 3-1\4”. The cricut cuts are about 2-1\2”.

Trim your lid cardstock down to 8 x 8”. I think I scored it at 2”. Instead of cutting away the 4 corners like in the previous steps I just made one cut, added some score tap and folded over.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And last but not least is a project from the Robotz Cartridge. My 4 year old picked this one out. She has been asking for this for awhile so I figured I might as well go ahead and do it. I was truly expecting her to pick out pink paper so I was a little shocked when she picked out the green floral for the middle.



I didn’t use all the cutouts with this. I decided to use brads for the eyes and ears and foil for some of the gears. Heavy paper would have been better for this project. I also found scoring the lines helped with getting everything to line up nicely. So thats it. Next up is the talented duo Erin & Erica. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by. Please visit again soon.

PS - I have 2 giveaways happening.
3 mini stamp sets, 6 ink pads, floral fantasy cuttlebug folder and 2 containers of Dew Drops.


6 stencils and 3 rubber stamps from Magenta.

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY I'm the first to comment! What great projects!!! Love them all girlfriend. That giftbag is so adorable. Looking forward to more of your stuff CJ!

---Gina

Charlotte Cornett said...

Love all of your projects!!! Especially the explosion box!! I am going to have to scraplift that one. : )
TFS!
Charlotte

Sukie said...

Wow, so many great projects. Love everything you did, I think I'm going to have to give the rosettes a try!

Laurie said...

Love your projects!

Amanda said...

Love your projects! TFS!

Jen L said...

I always had wanted to do the explosion box ... You did a great job...

Stacey Scraps said...

Love the projects! Oh, and I followed you!

HotPinkScrapper said...

great work TFS

Aman said...

Wow! You made some great projects! Thanks for the detailed instructions.

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Love your projects!!! New follower!!! I would love the directions for explosion box if you can please!

Jen

Julie said...

Everything is great! I love the explosion box. TFS

Julie

Suzys Crafts said...

Love it Courtney! Awesome job. And I became a follower!

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Wow!! Great projects!! New follower! Can't wait to see more of your work!

♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

Bunnyfreak said...

Great projects. Love the robot.

Susan L said...

New follower here and I am going to have to make one of those explosion boxes as a baby shower gift. I would love a detailed tutorial as I am a show me person. I have the Robotz cartridge and this looks like fun! TFS all these great projects.

Happy Scrappin'
suenj99 at yahoo dot com
Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Great projects - thanks so much for sharing!

Deanne G
dgutierez1@msn.com

Crystal said...

I love the paper you used on the explosion box. I also like the robot, I have that cartridge but have not tried it yet.

tremblayfam said...

Love your work! The robot is super cute! Great the kids can join in!

Connie Layman said...

Love the explosion box, I'll be trying that soon!TFS

connielayman@bellsouth.net

Magaly said...

My son is so into robots. I just might try making one it looked great. Nice job. Your work is really nice.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Projects! I especially love the explosion box, I have never made one and am very intimidated by them.

The bag is SUPER cute and the Banner is fab, I still haven't done either of these as well. I especially love that the card matches.

Also the Creative Team call ends 6/10

AllyBug28 said...

I LOVE the explosion box. I love to make them as well

Amanda said...

I love the box.. I need to make on or try to.. :)

Lady Fair said...

Congrats on hitting 25 followers (I'm now a follower!). Love all of your projects, they look so professional. I just got the Birthday Bash cart so I could make banners. I love your explosion box! Someday I'll be brave enough to attempt making one. ;o)
lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Corinne said...

wonderful projects..
wishuponascrap.blogspot.com
craftychickdesgins.blogspot.com

KAT said...

i love everything. you know i have robotz and have never made a cut from it...you inspired me.

Quinceyface said...

I really like all your projects. Thanks for the instructions on the explosion box. I always wanted to make one. The Robot is great as well, your 4 year old chose well.

Autumn said...

Yay! You've hit 25 (I think I'm #29 or something) followers!!! :)

These are some FANTABULOUS projects!! Please, PLEASE do a YouTube or something tutorial of how to make those explosion boxes; yours is just beyond words!!! I also have to give the banner idea a try...dunno if I have a cart that will do them, though...guess I'll have to go buy one (hehe)! And, don't forget the cute bag with matching card, and the robot!! So so adorable!!! TFS!!

autumnwillis925 at gmail dot com

Courtney said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I will do the explosion box tutorial next week. It will be written though because my youngest will not keep quiet long enough to record a video..haha.

Kris Dietz said...

I love all your projects! I really love the explosion box too. TFS. I'm a new follower -- loved your blog so much.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

kimberlin845 said...

Wow!!! All of your projects are incredible!!! Congrats on reaching 25 followers (I'm a new one)! I've been wanting to attempt an explosion box, and I am looking forward to your tutorial. Thanks for sharing your creations and for the inspiration!!! kandrewsny@yahoo.com

Linda said...

OMG! You are so creative, and I am blown away that you can do so much while having children that young! I am inspired to use every bit of my free time to create more! TFS your fantastic projects! Aloha, Linda

http://simpleandsassycreations.blogspot.com

Janeen said...

Love all of your projects, looks like you have been super busy! So sweet to make a banner to show your appreciation for Hubby! Your explosion box is fantastic, would love to see a video on it! The gift bag and birthday card are adorable! The robot is super cute! I'm your newest follower, love your blog! TFS! :)

lovelyinspiredcreations.blogspot.com
majelica at comcast dot net

mysweetpaperdreams said...

The explosion box is incredible! LOVE IT ALL , very crafty you are Courtney. TFS!
Tammie_K

Shell said...

That box is amazing. I would love to see a tutorial on it. Thank you for sharing!
She11ygirl at verizon dot net

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney, great job, I especially loved the explosion box and the banner. really pretty colors.

terry @ crictucraftinterry.blogspot.com

Anita Braddock said...

I love all that you did thanks for sharring

Angie said...

Hi Courtney. Thank you for sharing your talents! My favorite is the exploding box. I have been eyeballing something similar.

Clayful Imagination said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your explosion box..did one recently myself and had over 100 hours in it..so I feel your pain on it being time consuming. :)

Cheryl's Crafting Corner said...

Love the projects! The box looks great! Your children will feel so lucky when they are in school and have projects due! I'm a new subscriber - looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Tara said...

Are banners not the most annoying thing in the world to photograph? lol. My favourite project here is the explosion box! I really want to try one sometime soon and after seeing how cute yours turned out I want to even more!
Tara

Anonymous said...

VERY Cute! Love all the projects!

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

Gaylynn said...

Will have to try the birthday bash cartridge. The banner is a great project for birthdays. Thanks for the tips.

katieo said...

Your explosion box is beautiful. I especially like the monkey. I recently go this cart and haven't used it
I am a new follower
katieoscreations@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for doing the step-by-step instructions on the explosion box. I've been wanting to do one for quite a while & I didn't know how...Now that you explained it, I can do it myself...YEAH! Thanks again! :)

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

I am a new follower and Leaving you a comment!!
I read about your big winnings fromthe magazine place and sorry that It cost you $150.00.Hoop that you can use most of the stuff!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com

Rexann♥

Post a Comment