Friday, July 1, 2011

Canada Day Blog Hop





Welcome to the CANADA DAY Blog Hop hosted by Tara & Jacqueline. I was so thrilled when I got invited to participate. If you are here via Cheri then you are in the right spot. If you would like to start at the beginning please click here. In honour of Canada Day, we are all making a project with a Canadian theme!

Here is my project:






This card was so super simple. I used a piece of red cardstock for an A2 sized base and used my fiskars corner punch to round the edges. The rest were scraps from my stash. The stamp came from Michaels and I just dipped an aqua pen in my Stampin Up Real Red ink to colour the heart. I ran the strip of blue through my cuttlebug and added with popdots. I nearly beat my head against the wall wondering which cart would have a Maple leaf before remembering I owned Speaking of Fall. This was the first time I used it. I knew it would come in handy eventually.

And because I love giveaways, I'm offering up my own prize. Which oddly enough is a Canadian company named Magenta. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment telling me what you love about Canada Day (or for my American Friends, the 4th of July) and what you will make with this stamp set.




Be sure to comment on everyones posts before heading back to Tara to link up a Canada Day themed project for your chance to win some great prizes listed below.

The Scrapbooking Cafe - 3 X $10.00 GC




Bugaboo Digital Stamps --- 7 Digital Stamps





Pink By Design --- Canadian Stamp Set


My Stamping Studio -Lime Twist Products pack from My Mind's Eye




Digis With Attitude! --- $10.00 GC





Graphic Cat Creations --- Freebie + $15.00 GC





One Crazy Stamper --- $25.00 GC




Be sure to drop by our sponsors and show them some love!

Next stop is ----->> Jacqueline


HOPE YOU ENJOY THE HOP.
THANKS FOR BEING IN IT & HOPPING ALONG

Here is the hop list in case you got lost:
Tara - http://creativeprincesshomemadehappiness.blogspot.com


Kate - http://smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/


Heather - http://princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com/


Kimberly - http://www.justwordz.ca/


Michelle - http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/


Tracy - http://thecroppingcanuck.blogspot.com/


Kerry - http://mommakcrafts.blogspot.com/


Avril - http://totallyscrapaddicted.blogspot.com/


Nicole - http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com/


Cheri - http://graphicatdesigns.blogspot.com/


Courtney - http://craftingwithcourtney.blogspot.com/


Jacqueline - http://madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute card. Enjoy your country's celebrations today. I am a new follower and would love for you to stop by.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations
coachfans at cox dot net

Tara said...

Great card! Are those Michael's stamps not the best :) I might have bought a few hehe
Tara

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Great card!! I am a new follower and fellow Canadian!! Well what I love most about Canada Day is that my brother was born on this day 25 years ago, so we celebrate his birthday on this day!! As for the stamps I would use them to make my own background paper(the leaves would be so pretty)Happy Canada Day!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Kate said...

What a super card! I love celebrating Canada Day with family and friends - and wearing patriotic t-shirts while enjoying our local parade. I would use the stamps to made cards!
Happy Canada Day to you! It's such a treat to be part of this hop with you!

Heather said...

Great card. I will use these stamps to ink up and make cards as the flower images are beautiful. On Canada Day I love the fireworks I can see from my apartment window minus the crowds :) It is a pelasure being in this hop with you today. Happy Canada Day.

Chelle said...

Such a great card. Canada day is always spent with friends. That is the best part.

Avril Tanner said...

oh.. totally love the card! So cute! I too had a hard time figureing out what cricut cartridge had a maple leaf! They are really hard to find! It has been a lot of fun participating in the blog hop with everyone!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Great card! I know it's hard to find maple leaves on carts. I assembled a list on my side bar.

Thank you so much the other day for the template. I really appreciate it.

I'm so happy to be a new follower!

Kerry T said...

Great card Courtney! Happy Canada Day!
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely Canadian Card Great hop Take Care

Kimberly said...

Super card..i just love how you did the leaf...love it TFS!
that stamp set would be fabulous to make some background paper...
www.justwordz.ca
kimbob27 at hotmail dot com

Tracey said...

Love the simplicity of your card and the colour combo...the touch of blue is really nice.

Marlene said...

Fantastic card! I love Canada, too!

jennyplace2 said...

Happy Canada Day and for showing us your lovely project. The thing I like the best about Canada Day is that I get to see the whole family! Fried chicken, potatoe salad hot dogs and fries! TFS!
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Sugar Cards said...

very pretty courtney!!! thanks for sharing =)
happy canada day!

Carolyn Wolff said...

So cute. Happy Canada Day.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Enjoying the projects on this Canada Day hop. Will enjoy cooling off by swimming in our pool this 4th of Jul weekedn & holiday here in Central TX US where the temps have been 100+. Will make cards with the wonderful prize(s) if I'm so lucky to win.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Dixie said...

Wonderful card! I love that Michaels stamp, such a cute font. My favourite thing about Canada Day is the parades, and the little ones enjoying them:)

littlen said...

very nice card. tfs. i love spending 4th of july with friends and family for a cookout and then watching the fireworks.
littlen44atgmaildotcom

Jacqueline said...

Simple and Cute - great card. Thanks for joining us on the hop.
Hugs. Jacqueline
madebyjacqueline(at)yahoo(dot)ca

Lisa said...

Super sweet card...love keeping it simple!!! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card!!! TFS! :-)


-Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

Terrie said...

I love that our whole Town comes out to celebrate the day !! The fireworks .. the feeling of being PROUD TO BE Canadian !!!!
Oh yeah and Great Card !!!!!!

joydee1963 said...

I spend 4th july with family at cabin,I would use stamps for scrapbooking!New follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Post a Comment